- Problems and Solutions
- Different Programs
- Determining Profitability
Now that you know who your audience is and the niche you want to be part of, it’s time to find the right products and/or services to promote to them.
There are numerous ways of finding the products or services to present to your audience.
Problems and Solutions
Once you have an idea of who your audience is, you can focus on figuring out their problems and then locating solutions to help them.
Make a list of at least three problems that you want to solve for the audience, based on the niche you’ve chosen.
Here is an example:
- Audience: Married working moms of school-aged children who thrive on order
- Problems: Keeping a family calendar, meal planning, organizing
- Potential Solutions: Digital calendars, DFY meal plans and shopping lists, organization tips and organization products
Once you have a list of problems and solutions, go to some known affiliate networks to look for the products you have identified as a good fit.
A quick search on ClickBank.com – a popular affiliate network where you can find products in any niche to market as well as use to promote your own products – reveals several products that you might want to promote, such as Affiliate millionaire
Don’t just start promoting that now, though! See more about how here!
Make a list of several products.
Then, do some research on each product. Find out about the creator, look at the
conversion rate for the product, and think about how the creator’s values and style
fit in with the brand voice you want to display.
If you don’t know someone who knows them to vouch for their professionalism, test them out by buying the product yourself so that you can evaluate the quality of the product and the company for their customer service.
After all, as an affiliate marketer, you are turning your customers over to someone else to serve.
You need to make sure they will take good care of your customers so that your audience continues to value your recommendations.
There are numerous affiliate networks that list opportunities for you to promote to your audience.
Each has its own quirks and issues that you’ll have to learn about as you join a network. Click here for the course on how to join up
You can also find affiliate products through direct programs which are not listed in affiliate networks.
For example, many individual publishers like using technology like aMember.com to set up their program, in which case they won’t be listed on the affiliate platforms.
To find those products, simply look up solutions using keywords that you think will find them.
For example, in the example above, we searched for Affiliate Programs on ClickBank.
Search for Affiliate Programs on Google to find out what it shows. The best result in our case is a website called Grow Your Sales which offers solutions that the audience would need and want.
You could send her an email explaining how you like her products (after you buy some) and that your audience would too if they open an affiliate program for you.
Another that shows up is FBA Amazon which is a great starter for making money online. It includes a free course and loads of tips and hints on getting started.
You can promote FBA Amazon and earn money through their affiliate program if you meet the requirements.
A few programs to check out are:
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Partner Network
- CJ Affiliate
- Thrive Market
Each network has its pros and cons, and there are many more than these. You can find huge lists of affiliate networks by searching Google for “affiliate networks,” and you can also find specialized networks.
For example, if you want to sell organic goods only, you’ll find many options.
You can also look up specific products you’d like to promote, find a link to their affiliate program, or email them for information about it.
Some business owners don’t use affiliate networks, but so many do that you’re sure to find many profitable products that you can promote. Even if you don’t see one, you can always email the creator to offer your services by showing them your social proof.
Before you choose a product to promote, it’s imperative that you check out whether the product is profitable or not. If it’s listed on an affiliate network, you can see the metrics listed to help you determine how profitable the product is.
If you are working directly with a product creator, you may need to test your assumptions after trying out the product yourself.
Here are some things to think about.
- High Commissions – When it comes to digital products, less than 50 percent commission is probably a waste of time.
- High Sales Price – If it’s a commission lower than 50 percent, is the sale price high enough that you’d make a per-sale price that makes it worth your time?
- Conversion Rate – Most affiliate programs will list something to do with the conversion rate, how many sales have been made, or other information to help you determine if this is a good choice or not.
- Sales Page – What does the sales page look like? While it may not please you to know, the longer sales pages sell better than shorter ones for many audiences. Is the sales page thought out? Does it convert?
- Buy It – When you find a product that you think you want to promote to your audience, buy the product. If you have enough influence, you may be able to get it free or a sample copy of some kind for you to evaluate. However, buying it as a customer is the best way to learn how they do business and whether the product is right for your audience.
- Is There Competition? – If you do a search and find other products like this one that you want to sell, that’s a good thing. You won’t have to educate your market as much if it’s already something they want and are searching for.
- Can You Come Up with More Search Terms? – Once you have determined that a product is something you want to promote, can you come up with more search terms for it so that you can start developing content for marketing?
- How Will You Promote This Product? – The other question you want to ask yourself is how you’ll promote the product. Will you do an all-out campaign or are you going to slip it in as an in-content link on your blog? Will you promote it to people already on your list? Which segment? The more you can plan out exactly how, when and where you’re going to promote the product, the more likely it is to be profitable.
Finding a profitable product isn’t really that hard if you’ve chosen a good niche that has a healthy audience clamoring for the solutions they need to make their life better. It’s your job to figure out what your niche is, the products your audience needs, and how you will present them to that audience.
You can also create your own products for the niche. Let’s look at that next.
Another way to make a profit as an affiliate marketer is to start creating your own products and/or services to promote to your audience too. As you work with your audience and gain customers due to the products you promote and the content you publish, you may gain insight into the audience that gives you the idea to create a brand-new product for them. Your product can be free or for a fee, depending on how you’re going to use it.
One way that you can add your own products to the mix is by offering a bonus for the purchase of a different product for which you are an affiliate. The bonus product offers you the ability to add them to your list, boost your revenue, and perhaps demonstrate more of what you can do for the audience regarding their problems.
Some affiliate systems enable you to add your bonus product right to their funnel on the affiliate platform (such as is offered via aMember.com or JVZoo.com) if the product creator activates that ability for you. In other cases, you may have to get creative and send the bonus another way. However, there is a lot of technology that will do it automatically for you too.
Building Your List
As an affiliate marketer, you can create your own products that are only for list- building purposes. A good example might be a checklist to help your audience choose the right affiliate marketing software or help them set up their first webinar. Anything that your audience really needs and wants that is simple to create makes a handy list builder.
Another Income Stream
Additionally, as a product creator you can create products as a separate income stream over and above your income generation as an affiliate.
- Maybe you can make a better cleaning organization calendar than the one that you’ve been promoting.
- Perhaps you have written a course about keeping your home organized that you want to market.
Once you create the product, you also can recruit affiliates to make the sales for you.
As a product creator, you’ll need to ensure that you have the right software like Clickfunnels that helps you set up a shopping cart and even a membership site that enables you to distribute your digital products and services to your audience.
You can also use any number of affiliate networks mentioned to list your products and attract affiliates to boost your income. Learn more and get a free course here